Access denied copying files in remote session

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Forums Archives 5 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

by jhenke at 2013-04-02 11:22:26

I have on a server that I want to copy to another network share.

If I manually RDP to that server I can execute this copy using powershell copy-item.

Taking this a step further, I want to use remote sesssions to loop through many servers and copy this file to the network share.

To accomplish this, I created a script to read a list of servers. From there, I establish a remote session using the same administrative ID I used for the manual test. I confirmed that I am able to loop through the servers and establish a remote session by returning the computer name of each server. So far so good.

However, when I try to execute the copy-item command – the same one I used for the manual test, with the same ID it returns Access is denied (pointing to the destination share – again the same one that works manually from any of these servers.)

In troubleshooting this, I established a remote session interactively, taking my script out of the equation.

$cred=get-credential -credential "we\xxinstsap"
    $sSID = "SME"
    $sHost = "sapsm-xavw90"
    $RS = new-pssession -name $sSID -computername $sHost -credential $cred
    enter-pssession $RS
    Copy-Item $sourcefile $destdirectory

I have tried literal paths instead of variables, but either way, it returns Access denied. Again, this works if I run it from the server. So, this appears to be an issue with the remote session.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be be very greatful!

thanks,

Jeff Henke

by DonJ at 2013-04-02 11:29:17

This is a classic "second hop" issue resulting from a default inability to use your delegated credential for further network access. You will typically need to enable CredSSP. See "Secrets of PowerShell Remoting" at PowerShellBooks.com.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.