Access denied in PSSession/Invoke-Command

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Albert van Boerum Albert van Boerum 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Ronny Peperoni
    Ronny Peperoni
    Participant

Hi,

I have two servers: SERVER_A (scripting server, with custom PS-Modules) and SERVER_B (file server, no custom PS-Modules). Now, I'd like to run a Script on SERVER_B. Since some custom PS-Modules are only installed on SERVER_A, the Script should run as if it is started on SERVER_A – I use a PSSession for this. The Script should then list the files from both c$-Shares. This is what I have now:

$Session = New-PSSession "SERVER_A" -Credential (Get-Credential)
    Invoke-Command -Session $Session -ScriptBlock {
        Run-CustomModule -Parameter
        Get-ChildItem "\\SERVER_A\c$"
        Get-ChildItem "\\SERVER_B\c$"
        }

The CustomModule works fine. The first Get-ChildItem works fine, too. But I get an access denied error on the second one. What do I need to do to make this thing working?

Thank you! 🙂

Profile photo of Aaron Hardy
    Aaron Hardy
    Participant

The credential that is used to connect to SERVER_A, can they be used on SERVER_B as well? When you're connecting to SERVER_B from SERVER_A, the same security principal is used. Could there be a GPO causing this?

Ronny Peperoni
      Participant

Oh, I forgot to mention that, thanks. I have access to both c$-shares from both of the servers with my credentials. When I remove the -credential paremeter to login with my current login credentials it also does not work.

There is no GPO that blocks anything like this.

By the way, connecting to SERVER_B with PSSession causes an access problem for the Get-Childitem "\\SERVER_A\c$". The second one, Get-Childitem "\\SERVER_B\c$", works fine in this case. And obviously the custom module won't work that way. 🙂

Profile photo of Kristopher Gross
    Kristopher Gross
    Participant

IF you are able to connect to server B Out side of the script There could be a File or Folder you do not have access to on the C$ share of Server B. Im not really sure what the best way solve that would be fore you but hopefully that give you an idea of what to look for

Ronny Peperoni
      Participant

To make sure that it's not a Problem with access rights, I created a new Share called \\SERVER_B\Test. The group "Everyone" is the owner of that folder and has FullAccess on NTFS level and on the Share itself. Get-ChildItem "\\SERVER_B\Test" still throws a permission denied error inside Invoke-Command.

Profile photo of Albert van Boerum
    Albert van Boerum
    Participant
      Ronny Peperoni
      Participant

Thank you. If I understood correctly all I had to do was to run Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role Server on SERVER_A and Enable-WSManCredSSP -Role Client -DelegateComputer x on SERVER_B. Both ran without any error messages. But I still get that permission denied error in my Invoke-Command.. 🙁

Profile photo of Albert van Boerum
    Albert van Boerum
    Participant

Correct but, you still have to tell powershell to use credssp.

you command should now be:

$cred = Get-Credential
    $Session = New-PSSession "SERVER_A"  -Authentication Credssp -Credential $cred
    Invoke-Command -Session $Session -ScriptBlock {
        Run-CustomModule -Parameter
        Get-ChildItem "\\SERVER_A\c$"
        Get-ChildItem "\\SERVER_B\c$"
        }

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.