accessing sharepoint cmdlets from member server

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A accessing sharepoint cmdlets from member server

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Keymaster
4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Good Morning,
    I need to access the sharepoint cmdlets from a management server.
    I have created a new-possession between the management server and the sharepoint server $g = new-possession -cn xxx -authentication credssp -cred $cred– have enabled wsmancredssp on each machine client on management server and sharepoint has server
    I have added the Microsoft.sharepoint.powershell snapin (invoke-command -session $g -scriptblock {add-pssnapin -name Microsoft.sharepoint.powershell}
    in addition check with the get-pssnapin to verify it is there (get-pssnapin -name Microsoft.sharepoint.powershell -registered) returns that is there
    then try invoke-command -session $g -scriptblock {get-spweb https://mcs.xxxxx.sgn}
    error back is that get-spweb is not a name of a cmdlet etc...
    any ideas

Keymaster
    Helping HandTeam Member

Can you try performing the same tasks – loading the snapin, verifying it, and then attempting to run the command – by using Enter-PSSession to interactively connect to the server? That would be a good troubleshooting step. Do any other SharePoint commands load, or does it appear as if they are all unavailable?

The topic ‘accessing sharepoint cmdlets from member server’ is closed to new replies.