Active Directory User Properties Security Information

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Active Directory User Properties Security Information

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

You know when you open a user's properties in Active Directory and there is a security tab.  It is my understanding that this is a user's ACL and it shows security groups that have been applied to a user via methods such as manual assignment, delegation, and GPOs for example.  I am looking for a way to check to see if there is a security group applied to all my users.  So I'm looking for a PS command that will output all users with a specific ACL applied to them and all users that are missing a specific ACL.  I think I could get all my users and their ACLs and then filter this list for a specific applied security group (present or not present).  Thanks for your time and assistance.

Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 97
    Helping Hand

This should get you started. You'll need to get a list of all users and then run this against each of them to figure out who has the ACL you're looking for.

PS E:\> (get-acl -path "AD:CN=User1,OU=People,DC=MyDomain,DC=com").access | Where IdentityReference -eq "MyDomain\domain admins"

ActiveDirectoryRights : CreateChild, DeleteChild, Self, WriteProperty, ExtendedRight, GenericRead, WriteDacl,
                            WriteOwner
    InheritanceType       : None
    ObjectType            : 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    InheritedObjectType   : 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
    ObjectFlags           : None
    AccessControlType     : Allow
    IdentityReference     : MyDomain\Domain Admins
    IsInherited           : False
    InheritanceFlags      : None
    PropagationFlags      : None

Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Thank you Charles for this code.  Can  you tell me how to get a list of users WITH their acl properties?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.