AD Command help

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Suresh krishnan
    Suresh krishnan
    Participant

Dear community
    I need your help , i need to add users in to security (not a member of but in security )in one of the ACL . I am having hard time to find a specific command to do this task . Could some one please help . Thanks

Profile photo of AK
    AK
    Participant

This should help:

http://ss64.com/nt/cacls.html

Suresh krishnan
    Participant

Thanks AK :), is there a PowerShell way of doing this 🙂 I am able to retrieve the permission with this command but now I need to add users to the security group .

set-location AD:
    (get-acl (get-ADGroup someexamplegroup).DistinguishedName).access | ft IdentityReference,AccessControlType,ActiveDirectoryRights -AutoSize
    Profile photo of AK
    AK
    Participant

For adding users to a group you'd use add-adgroupmember... What are you trying to accomplish? Could you describe it start to finish?

Suresh krishnan
      Participant

Basically i need to add few users in to security properties of the AD Group .

Profile photo of AK
    AK
    Participant

this should do it:
    dsacls (get-ADGroup someexamplegroup).DistinguishedName /G "domain\username:GA"

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of AK AK.
    Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

And as a note, both Cacls and Dsacls are perfectly fine in PowerShell. I use them all the time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.