AD Group Members/users with Access to Folders and Subfolders

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A AD Group Members/users with Access to Folders and Subfolders

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 0

Hi,
      I am new to powershell and was wanting to see if there is a simple way to create a script for the following.

I want to find out who has access to a certain folder/folders on a share.

I currently have a script that list groups with recurse and I am able to export those out. I also have a script that tells me who has access to a certain folder but only exports them as groups and not the users within the groups.

My aim is to create a script that does it all at the same time, so essentially something that tells me who has access to a folder with the groups and users listed..

Apologies if this is something simple but its all new to me at the moment..

Thanks

Senior Moderator
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 1140
      Helping Hand

Of course doable. Suggesting you to go through below help document for this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.security/get-acl?view=powershell-5.1

Get-ACL cmdlet in PowerShell will give you what you need. If you have never created a PowerShell script, things will be little difficult , but I suggest you to read the document and put something on, folks here will help, update this thread when you are stuck.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.