Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Adding computer objects from OU to multiple security groups

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 2

I need to get computer objects from particular AD OU and import them into multiple (two) security groups. This of course works for a single security group, but not sure how to do multiple groups.

$Comps = Get-ADcomputer -SearchBase ‘ou=test ,ou=all computers,dc=name1,dc=name2,dc=com’ -filter *
      add-adgroupmember -identity ‘SecGroup’ -members $Comps
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 1735
      Helping Hand

Did you try to search for it? There are literally thousands of examples all over the internet and probrably even hundreds here in this forum. Take a look at the cmdlet Add-ADPrincipalGroupMembership and read the complete help including the examples, please.

Participant

I have searched. Everything I find is for adding the systems in an OU to one group not multiple groups. I am willing to accept that I can’t find the answer at this point and this is the reason I posted the question here. Either way I will keep looking. Thank you for your reply.

Participant
      Helping Hand

Did you read the help in the link I posted?

Participant

Yes I got it now. Took me a minute. I think I was confused on the difference between add-adprincipalgroupmembership vs add-adgroupmember. Thank you again for your help.

Participant
      Helping Hand

I’m glad it helped. 😉 If you need more help – come back.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Adding computer objects from OU to multiple security groups’ is closed to new replies.