Adding mailboxpermission with access rights set to ReadPermission doesn't work

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas Roosens 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Thomas Roosens
    Participant

Hi All,

Staff member 'employee' needs access to mailbox 'supervisor' with read only rights

When I use the following command it works like a charm:
    Add-MailboxPermission -Identity supervisor -User employee -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

I can add the supervisor mailbox in the employee's Outlook and all folders expand and are visible. However setting -AccessRights to FullAccess gives the employee too much control over the supervisor's mailbox.

Unfortunately when I use the following command I can add the mailbox in Outlook but none of the folders expand:
    Add-MailboxPermission -Identity supervisor -User employee -AccessRights ReadPermission -InheritanceType All
    (Notice how -AccessRigths are set to 'ReadPermission' instead of 'FullAccess'

The workaround was to use Add-MailboxFolderPermission and set the permissions to all subfolders individually.

Any insight will be much appreciated.

Sok
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

when I had to grant "ReadOnly", the below command worked, give it a try...

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity supervisor -User employee -AccessRights “Reviewer”

Cheers,
    Sok.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.