[Array] How to append to an entry name?

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A [Array] How to append to an entry name?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 0

Hi all,

Let me specify what I’m struggling with here:

I have a dynamic array where I don’t know what entries or values will be added in forehand. The array then has to be converted to Json

Here is my problem:

When two values share the same entry name, how do you append to that entry?

My code:

If both is used, PowerShell outputs the following:

The values both share the same entry, but they are indivual entries inside NTP.

I read somewhere about nested arrays, but im not sure.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by kvprasoon. Reason: code formatting
      Participant
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 1761
      Helping Hand

Please read the pinned posting at the top of the forum and highlight your code and output with the PRE. Assuming you are putting this together for a JSON body, {} are hashtable and [] are arrays, so the code should look soemthing like this:

Output:

In the function for something like ProtocolEnabled, I would set a default value and remove the PSBoundParameters IF to always create a NTP part of the body, otherwise you will need to wrap the $ntp.Add with an IF statement to see if there were any passed values for Protocol or NTPServers.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Rob Simmers.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘[Array] How to append to an entry name?’ is closed to new replies.