Artifactory mirroring PowerShellGallery.com: some metadata fields not populated

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Artifactory mirroring PowerShellGallery.com: some metadata fields not populated

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jmgehman 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

I'm trying to use Artifactory as an internal mirror of PowerShellGallery.com, and can't seem to get past an issue I believe is caused by Artifactory returning incomplete metadata compared to what is available through PSGallery. Find-Module works as expected, but Save-Module and Install-Module fail around 97% downloaded.

I can use Invoke-WebRequest and Get-FileHash to verify the file pulled from Artifactory is the same as the one in PSGallery, so I'm guessing I need to do something besides simply configuring a NuGet repo to point to PSGallery in order for Artifactory to properly handle metadata. Has anyone already done this or have any suggestions?

Remote-Nuget repository settings for mirroring PSGallery:

• URL: https://www.powershellgallery.com
    • Repository Layout: nuget-default
    • Remote Layout: nuget-default
    • NuGet Download Context Path: api/v2/package
    • NuGet Feed Context Path: api/v2
    • Others (currently enabled, but all combination of settings tested):
      • Store Artifacts Locally
      • Synchronize Properties
      • Bypass HEAD Requests

Metadata fields always different in modules mirrored in Artifactory (per Find-Module):

• Missing Field: Cmdlets
    • Missing Field: Company Name
    • Missing Field: FileList
    • Missing Field: GUID
    • Missing Field: ItemType
    • Missing Field: lastEdited
    • Missing Field: lastUpdated
    • Missing Field: PowerShellVersion
    • Missing Field: SourceName
    • Different Field: tags (additional data listing cmdlets and commands is appended)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.