Azure Powershell module not connecting to Azure subscription

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marvingarcia marvingarcia 4 years ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of marvingarcia
    marvingarcia
    Participant

Hi,

I am having some problems trying to learn PS and azure cloud services. I created a free trial subscription in Windows Azure, and installed Azure Powershell module in a Windows server 2008 machine.

I downloaded and imported my publish settings file executing the following commands:

PS> Get-AzurePublishSettingsFile

PS> Import-AzurePublishSettingsFile -PublishSettingsFile

The import command returns nothing in the output and you say that it should return the subscription name.

Then when I try to see my subscription's information I get the following error:

PS> Get-AzureSubscription

get-azuresubscription : Please connect to internet before executing this cmdlet

Hope you guys can help me. Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

You'll want to edit that and not paste from Word ;).

marvingarcia
    Participant

Sorry I copied directly from other forum textbox.

I am having some problems trying to learn PS and azure cloud services. I created a free trial subscription in Windows Azure, and installed Azure Powershell module in a Windows server 2008 machine.

I downloaded and imported my publish settings file executing the following commands:

This command does no return any output at all.

Then when I try to see my subscription’s information I get the following error:

get-azuresubscription : Please connect to internet before executing this cmdlet

Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

marvingarcia
    Participant

Ok tis is embarrassing. Here I go again.

I am having problems with the azure powershell module and my azure subscription.

I downloaded and tried to import my publish settings file using the following commands:

This command does not return any output at all.

Then when I try to see my account information I get the following error.

get-azuresubscription : Please connect to internet before executing this cmdlet.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.