Breakdown of a web page load time

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GoogleUser11 GoogleUser11 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of GoogleUser11
    GoogleUser11
    Participant

I have just started playing around with PowerShell and I would like to see if I can piece together a script that will give me the time it took for each element to load for a given web page. We have an internal web page that gets information from about 15 internal services that are running on several different network segments.

Under IE I can press Pf12 and use "Internet Explorer Network Inspector" to get the load times but I would like to save the data so that I can have a before and after snapshot.

I can get the total load time for the page using "Measure-Command { $my_request = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $uri -DisableKeepAlive -Method Get }".

First, is this possible to do and if it is, could somebody point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Sam Boutros
    Sam Boutros
    Participant

I'm not sure if Powershell is a good fit for this task. There's a bunch of web sites that provide this functionality for free like pingdom.com (url)http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/jNG9t/cnn.com(/url)

Profile photo of GoogleUser11
      GoogleUser11
      Participant

I used the link that you provided but it does not allow me to export the data to a CSV file so that I can compare individual lines at a later point in time. I know that PowerShell is not a good fit for this task but can it be done.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.