Can't modify emails after import from PST

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Can't modify emails after import from PST

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi Guys,

I have a problem. after migration to O365, users can't modify calendar events, that have been imported.

I know, that is by design, as the objects don't have the GOID parameter anymore.

How do I fix this? preferably, with a quick, automtic solution (ex. with exchange online powershell)? I know, that moving items from one folder to another and then back should apply GOID parameter again, but how to automate it?

Fixing it from client side is a little difficult, as all the users use MacOS, and the Outlook that they have doesn't work exactly as the one for Windows. I also couldn't find any way to fix it with OWA.

Jon

Participant

When we migrated from EX2010 to O365 I didn't run into any issues with calendar items, but I did run into issues with public folder permissions that didn't carry over properly.

If you were previously running exchange, then you could do an export of permissions to a csv file and then reapply to the objects in O365. The below cmdlets should help you in your search to automating this.

Get-Mailboxfolderpermission

Add-MailboxFolderPermission

Participant

Yeah, i forgot to tell you, i've already checked that and even granting the widest access to the calendar for the user doesn't change it.

The topic ‘Can't modify emails after import from PST’ is closed to new replies.