Can't see or import any Azure module!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt McNabb Matt McNabb 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Colbert Philippe
    Colbert Philippe
    Participant

I am running Windows 7 Pro. I successfully installed PowerShell 4.0. I want to start experimenting with Azure commandlets. However, I can see nor import any of the Azure modules even when I run > Get-Module -LisstAvailable , which should display all modules available to me. How can I view the Azure modules?

Here is may screen capture.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

The modules don't come with Windows. Did you download and install them?

Profile photo of Matt McNabb
    Matt McNabb
    Participant

Here is the link for installing the Azure module:
    http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/powershell-install-configure/

Also, if you have already installed this, it won't automatically be added to your module path. For me the installer dropped it at "${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\powershell\ServiceManagement\Azure\Azure.psd1". You'll either need to specify the full path to the module manifest file or add it to your path. I chose the second option and add it to my module path in my Powershell profile:

switch ($Env:PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE)
    {
        'x86'   {$AzureModulePath = "$env:ProgramFiles\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\powershell\ServiceManagement\Azure\Azure.psd1"}
        'AMD64' {$AzureModulePath = "${env:ProgramFiles(x86)}\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\powershell\ServiceManagement\Azure\Azure.psd1"} 
    }
    $Env:PSModulePath += ";$AzureModulePath"

Then you can just run:

Import-Module Azure

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.