Check the total number of OutBound messages

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AniyaNetworks AniyaNetworks 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AniyaNetworks
    AniyaNetworks
    Participant

Hello Friends,
    Is there any way , so that i can check the total number of OutBound messages sent to the following domain addresses for the month
    as an example. abc.com, or zyx.com.

The script that i am using is :

$billing = Get-TransportServer -identity "*prv*" | Get-MessageTrackingLog -resultsize unlimited -Start "03/10/2016" -End "04/07/2016" -EventId Send | where-object {$_.Recipients -like [email protected], [email protected],"}

$billing.Count

but it is not returning any result.
    Please help.

Profile photo of AK
    AK
    Participant

For multiple domains, you'd need -or between them:

$billing = Get-TransportServer -identity "*prv*" | Get-MessageTrackingLog -resultsize unlimited -Start "03/10/2016" -End "04/07/2016" -EventId Send | where-object {$_.Recipients -like [email protected]" -or $_.Recipients -like "[email protected]"}

AK

AniyaNetworks
    Participant

Thanks for your reply @AK

but if only try to get one domain, i am not getting anything.

$billing = Get-TransportServer -identity "*prv*" | Get-MessageTrackingLog -resultsize unlimited -Start "04/05/2016" -End "04/10/2016" -EventId Send | where-object {$_.Recipients -like [email protected]"}

and i am pretty sure the domain is valid and most of the users are sending email to this domain. even though i send some test email to this domain and i am not getting any result.
    Please advise.

Profile photo of AK
    AK
    Participant

Is abc.com local/internal domain or potentially they ended up in -eventid Fail category?

AniyaNetworks
    Participant

This is not Local/Internal domain. This is an External company domain. we would like to know how many uses are sending email to "abc.com" domain in a month or week from our exchange server? we need to know the total number of the month or week.
    hope this will help.

Profile photo of AK
    AK
    Participant

Try using match operator: where-object {$_.recipients -match "abc.com"} . Or, to find out why eventid send produces no output, narrow it down to 1 test message, get message id, then search for it without eventid filter: get-messagetrackinglog -MessageId "messageid".

AniyaNetworks
    Participant

Thanks guys , i found my solutions.

$Search = Get-TransportServer -identity "*prv*" | Get-MessageTrackingLog -resultsize unlimited -Start "04/08/2016" -End "04/10/2016" -EventId Send |
    where-object {$_.Recipients –like [email protected]*” –or $_.Recipients –like “*online.de*” –or $_.Recipients –like “*hello.net*”}

$Total=$Search | where-object {$_.Recipients –like [email protected]*” –or $_.Recipients –like “*online.de*” –or $_.Recipients –like “*hello.net*”}
    $totalCount=$Total.count

Thanks guys for your help and support.

AniyaNetworks
    Participant

Hello Guys,
    It is worth noting that capturing all the logs from all emails in a given period of time is a very RAM intensive task. Especially if we are only using it to get a count. Is There any a better way to get the count without collecting all of them into a variable.

I just need to know how email send last month from our Exchange environment and also some the domain that i have mention.
    any idea .. please share.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.