Configure LCM to get new DSCResources from Network share when standalone

Welcome Forums DSC (Desired State Configuration) Configure LCM to get new DSCResources from Network share when standalone

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi All,

I am attempting to configure remote LCMs to retreive any DSCResources for a file share when they are Standalone i.e. not configured as Push or Pull.

I have built an application that will generate my MOF from a template and run the it against any registered Node that is in a particular Role.

But when i call Start-DscConfiguration i need the remote Node to pull the DSCResources from a defined file share location that i configure and i dont want to have a pull server configured or a a local Node push configuration.

I have tried configuring the downloadManager etc but it complains of a Agent_ID.

At present i am not sure if it is even possible so thats why i am asking.
    Or should i just copy them DSCResources to the registered Modeul Locatin on the remote Noeds ?

Thank you i advance for any help.

Edwin

Keymaster
    Helping HandTeam Member

It is possible, yes. I cover this in http://leanpub.com/the-dsc-book, in fact. You need to configure a ResourceModuleManager section; a DownloadManager is for downloading MOFs in Pull mode. So you'd set up a:

ResourceRepositoryWeb ModuleSource {
    AllowUnsecureConnection = $false
    RegistrationKey = '140a952b-b9d6-406b-b416-e0f759c9c0e4'
    ServerURL = 'https://mypullserver.company.pri/PSDSCPullServer.svc'
    }

That's for HTTP, of course, you could also do File if you prefer, and its configuration is slightly different.

Participant

As a side note, there's no such thing as a "standalone".
    LCM default state is Push.

Participant

Hi Don,

Thank you for the very quick reply.

I was contemplating buying your book but i will definitely get now as it covers exactly what i need.

Edwin

The topic ‘Configure LCM to get new DSCResources from Network share when standalone’ is closed to new replies.