Convert directly from HTML to XML

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Antonio Albendea Herrera Antonio Albendea Herrera 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Hi everybody,

I am new here and I would like to ask you as expert about a small question. Using Powershell I would like to transform a HTML document storage on my drive to XML format. I am not sure if Powershell provide a easy way for solving this problem.

Thanks so much

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

There is nothing native, no.

The thing is, I'm not sure what such a feature would do. HTML is used for visual markup; XML is a structured data format. Newer HTML (XHTML) is already XML-compliant, but that doesn't make it "structured data." If you would like to share some more details on what you're trying to do, perhaps we could offer an alternative.

Hi Don Jones,

thanks for replying so fast. It was a generic topic. Basically I have a HTML report coming from Backup Exec and I would like to transform from HTML to XML. All test that I did were not successfull but does not matter because it is not important, it was curiosity coming for a newbie Powershell developer as me 🙂

Thanks so much and I wish you a good day.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.