Convert txt file to PDF using adobe printer

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Convert txt file to PDF using adobe printer

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Forums Archives 7 years ago.

• Author

by fazlook at 2012-10-23 05:58:50

Hi there,

First of all , I would like to thank everyone who helped with the website transition.

I have adobe pdf printer installed on my computer and it is my default printer.

How would I convert .txt file to .pdf file using Powershell ?

Thank you

by Makovec at 2012-10-23 06:26:01

Hi,

You can use Out-Printer cmdlet. My PDF printer is named pdfFactory Pro, so I can use:
    Get-Content c:\temp\file.txt | Out-Printer -Name 'pdfFactory Pro'
    As you have it as default printer, it's not necessary to use Name parameter.

David

by fazlook at 2012-10-23 06:56:21

Thank you for the quick reply, I will test it out. But should I Terminate acrotray.exe first ?

by Makovec at 2012-10-24 01:17:47

Hi,
    I don't use Adobe so have no idea how this works. Assume that if the PDF printer is installed, you can use it. Looking to the internet I found this:

"acrotray.exe" is the Adobe Acrobat Distiller helper application. It is used as part of the full Adobe Acrobat product to convert documents into PDF files.

So assume it has to be started. But just give it a try and you'll see.

David

by fazlook at 2012-10-24 05:49:19

That's true 🙂 I would consider this solved.

Much appreciate your help.

The topic ‘Convert txt file to PDF using adobe printer’ is closed to new replies.