ConvertFrom-StringData Data Item already defined.

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A ConvertFrom-StringData Data Item already defined.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #192103
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1
      Points: -2
      Rank: Member

      Hello.

      I am trying to parse multiply emails from a folder in Outlook, whenever I run the script on 1 user the script runs perfectly.

      When I run the script on two users, ConvertFrom-StringData throws me an error;

      ConvertFrom-StringData : Data item 'Medarbejdertype' in line 'Medarbejdertype=Praktikant' is
      already defined.
      At C:\Users\Steve\OneDrive\PowerShell_Scripts\FITIT.ps1:21 char:99

      As far as I could tell from the error output it seems like the hash-table($data in this case) did not reset itself at the end of the loop.

      So I have tried to clear it with the following cmdlets/methods/declaring;

      $data.clear()
      $data = @{}
      Clear-Variable -Name $data

      Even through I can see that the hash-table is cleared on the second run PowerShell throws me that error stated above.

      I've been googling, read the documentation but as far as I can tell I have used it correctly?

      I don't know if it is my understanding of line 21 that might be too poor, I recived a lot of help with that one from PowerShell slack user @Chrisdent I belive it was.

      Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Or maybe link me to something that could get me back on track? I feel completly lost as what the next step is.

      Best Regards.

      STPE

      Code I am using:

       

    • #192121
      Senior Moderator
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 1151
      Points: 3,995
      Helping Hand
      Rank: Community Hero

      best way is to not to use same variable. You can change the variable name to $ConvertedData for converting from string.

    • #192199
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1
      Points: -2
      Rank: Member

      I was told a solution, the problem was at line 19, It was the $html variable that needed to a reset so adding

      $html = New-Object -ComObject "HTMLFile"

      Above line 19 fixed the problem!

       

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.