converting to enhancedhtml

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Helder Guzman Helder Guzman 1 year ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Helder Guzman
    Helder Guzman

Hi I just run into a little problem.

I'm trying to convert some data into html using the enhancedHtml method.

$process = get-process

$process |convertto-EnhancedHTML and I get this error

ConvertTo-EnhancedHTML : Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.
    At line:1 char:5
    + $c |ConvertTo-EnhancedHTML
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [ConvertTo-EnhancedHTML], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameterSet,ConvertTo-EnhancedHTML

very simple but I'm getting the error and can find where is the error or how to fix it?

can somebody help

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones

I wrote ConvertTo-EnhancedHTML as part of "Creating HTML Reports in PowerShell," which is on our Resources > eBooks menu option here. You can't run the command with zero parameters – I suggest either reviewing its help, or reviewing the book's later chapters, for information on how to use it. It isn't a "simple" command – if you just want basic HTML, use the native ConvertTo-HTML.

The error, generically, will happen whenever you run a command that has multiple parameter sets, and PowerShell can't tell (based on the parameters you've used) which one you're attempting to run.

Profile photo of Helder Guzman
    Helder Guzman

Here is the complete script

$servername = '' #Read-host "Server DNS Name ie."
    $cred = Get-Credential -Message "User Info for Domain Server is in" -UserName "QA-ENT\RU413628"

$fileHtml = "C:\Scripts\vm.html"

function Get-HGVMSystemInfo{

( [string]$ComputerName)

$os = Get-WmiObject -Class win32_operatingsystem -ComputerName $ComputerName -Credential $cred
    $cs = Get-WmiObject -Class win32_computersystem -ComputerName $ComputerName -Credential $cred
    $network = Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration -ComputerName $ComputerName -Credential $cred -Filter "IpEnabled = 'True' " |
    select -ExpandProperty IPAddress |out-string

$props = @{'ServerName' = $ComputerName;
    'OS' = $os.caption;
    'ServicePack' = $os.servicepackmajorversion;
    'PhysicalMemory' = $cs.totalphysicalmemory /1gb -as [int];
    'Domain' = $cs.domain ;
    'IPAddress' = $network }

$obj = New-Object -TypeName psobject -Property $props

Write-Output $obj

$systemInfo_Frag = Get-HGVMSystemInfo -ComputerName $servername |
    ConvertTo-EnhancedHTMLFragment -PreContent "System Info" `
    -TableCssClass 'SystemInfo' `
    -As List `
    -Properties ServerName, OS, ServicePack, PhysicalMemory,Domain, IPAddress |Out-String

ConvertTo-EnhancedHTML -HTMLFragments $systemInfo_Frag -PreContent "Windows SIC Verification$servernameThis report was run on: $(get-date)" |out-file $fileHtml

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.