copy folders with same permissions of users and groups

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ajay Sharma Ajay Sharma 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ajay Sharma
    Ajay Sharma
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Please let me know whether powershell or python, which will be better to set permissions of groups and users on copy folders.
    I have copied folders from once location E:\IT_softwares to other location \\nas01\migration\IT_softwares

this powershell ACl command is giving errors.

Get-Acl E:\IT_softwares | Set-Acl \\nas01\migration\IT_softwares -confirm command gives error.

Set-Acl : Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.
    At line:1 char:94
    + Get-Acl E:\IT_Softwares\3DsMax2015\VirtualCloneDrive\SetupVirtualCloneDrive5470.exe | Set-Acl <<<< -path \\nasinnd01.ali.local\Migration_Test\Test\3DsMax2015\VirtualCloneDrive\ SetupVirtualCloneDrive5470.exe -confirm + CategoryInfo : PermissionDenied: (\\nasinnd01.ali...neDrive5470.exe:String) [Set-Acl], UnauthorizedAccessException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetAclCommanddoes robocopy or emcopy has any features that can copy same permissions from one location to other ??thanks everyone for reading and answering my post.

Profile photo of Anthony
    Anthony
    Participant
    robocopy source destination /secfix /xo /xn /xc

It's baked in to windows so you should be good to go off the bad.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/323275

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Anthony Anthony.
    Profile photo of Ajay Sharma
    Ajay Sharma
    Participant

Hi Anthony

i was also considering icacls commands, i am testing this icacls and then i will post my conclusion.

Request any member, who reads my post, please suggest any more ideas.

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.