create users in AD, and set Profile

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of wantto wantto
    wantto wantto
    Participant

i created users from files, and one of the definitions is setting the HomeDrive:

-HomeDrive "Z:" -HomeDirectory "\\admsrv1\Class\$sam" `

the user is created and under the profile tab i see the definition.

the problem is that when the user is loging in he can't see the mapped drive, and i don't see he's folder created

under

"\\admsrv1\Class\$sam"

when i do the same manually, and set the profile the HomeFolder, it creates immedialty the folder for the user.

1)what am i missing?

2)what powershell code can i use (that i will add to the logon policy) that when user loges in, it will created on the desktop

shortcut to that mapped folder (if the shortcut not exist yet)?

thanks

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

The ADUC tool will create the folder for you; AD itself, and PowerShell, will not. You have to create the folder yourself.

If you're using a PowerShell logon script, you can run New-PSDrive -Persist in order to map a network drive from the logon script.

Creating a shortcut is different. That's an .LNK file – http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9701840/how-to-create-a-shortcut-using-powershell shows an example of creating a shortcut from PowerShell.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.