"Creating HTML Reports in PowerShell" on PenFlip downloads broken

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ret Arded Ret Arded 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Joel Reed
    Joel Reed
    Participant

The "Creating HTML Reports in PowerShell" ebook on Penflip is not allowing downloads in any format. The other Penflip PowerShell.org ebooks seem to be downloading in all the allowed formats.

https://www.penflip.com/powershellorg/creating-html-reports-in-powershell

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Thanks, Joel. I'll try and figure it out. Penflip hasn't been super-awesome for us – I'd love to find another way to get these hosted in some kind of collaborative fashion but haven't had any luck yet. Penflip's a great idea, but the execution wasn't great, and the author seems to have walked away from it.

Profile photo of Ret Arded
    Ret Arded
    Participant

Good Afternoon. Any idea when the download might be working again? Or an alternate location to download the book?

I just tried and it is still broken.

Thank you!

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Sorry, Ret – we're not trying to block access to it, but Penflip seems to be broken and its author is nowhere to be found. I've been spending as much of my free time as possible looking for an alternative solution – if you have any suggestions and would like to help us get the content moved, I'm all ears.

Don Jones
    Keymaster

As a note, you can download the source archive, which is just text files in Markdown. Totally read-able, and includes the images. I'm going to look into other options throughout this week, as Penflip's been wholly frustrating.

Don Jones
    Keymaster
    Ret Arded
    Participant

Just tried your link and it worked!!! I was able to download it, thank you so much!! I am sorry I don't have any suggestions, but I really appreciate all that you do for the powershell community.

Hope you have a great evening and thanks again.

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Also check out https://t.co/LWL11utWO8, Ret and Joel. We're trying two services and your feedback would be appreciated before we start converting all the books.

Ret Arded
    Participant

I will post my comments on the link posted to keep them all in one place. Thanks again!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.