CSV to AD reporting - Part 2 of Oracle Importing

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A CSV to AD reporting - Part 2 of Oracle Importing

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years ago.

• Author

Participant

Now that the import to AD from oracle is working...I have for sure learned that the process is only as good as the data that is entered. So, since I am already seeing minor enough mistakes in the first couple of runs that won't let this process work for a couple of people I have decided that I want to setup some simple error reporting to email to me everyday.

Using what I already have of the import process, I would like to have a script to run after I do the import to scan the CSV and tell me what email fields don't match Active Directory.

How can I make a simple matching script, i'd think using an IF statement and then email me the results of it being negative.
    Such as if CSVEMAIL -Notmatch ADEMAIL, create a hash table of the results and email to me along with the count (just to easily view the # of incorrect accounts input)

import-module activedirectory

#Import latest adp file, set as variable, only selecting objects from file that have email field populated.
    $adplist = import-csv "C:\Temp\OracletoADScript\ActiveDirectory.csv" # | Where-Object {$_.'EMPLID'}
    #write-host $adplist

#Loop through each selected object in the csv.    
    ForEach ($employee in ($adplist | Where {$_.Company -Match "Company A"}))  

Thanks

Participant
    Helping Hand

Compare-Object could make your life much easier in this case. 😉

Participant

Hi

How about if you create IF statementand inside that you add the value/mailaddress to hashtable? looking against userPrincipalName or emailaddress what ever you need.

#Not Tested

ForEach ($employee in ($adplist | Where {$_.Company -Match "Company A"})) {

IF (Get-ADUser -filter (userPrincipalName -ne $employee) {

#add to hashtable

} ELSE {

#add to another hashtable

}

}

#send mail

Or using TRY, CATCH, FINALLY.

ForEach ($employee in ($adplist | Where {$_.Company -Match "Company A"})) {

TRY {
          Get-ADUser -filter (userPrincipalName -eq $employee) -ErrorAction Stop

#add to hashtable

} CATCH {

#add to another hashtable

} FINALLY {

#do something

}

}

#send mail

Jake

Ron

Participant

Off the top of my head and obviously untested:

$ADlist = get-aduser -ldapsearch "(mail=*)" -properties mail | select -expand mail
    $unmatched = import-csv "C:\Temp\OracletoADScript\ActiveDirectory.csv" | Where-Object {$_.'EMPLID' -and $adlist -notcontains $_.email}

Participant

i'll have to test some of these later on...got swamped with other things.

So overall i just need a print out of the users who's CSV email won't match the active directory email. Then a count would be nice just so it's easy to look at in case of it being quite large.

thanks all

Participant

Jarkko,

I like your example the best so far, but for some reason i'm getting replies that are even true.
    I found I had to declare the AD email variable and change a bit to run...

$mail = get-ADUser -SearchBase "OU=OU,DC=company,DC=com" -properteries -filter mail | select -Expand Mail

ForEach ($employee in ($adplist | Where {$_.Company -Match "Company A"}))  {

If ($mail -NotMatch $employee.Email_Address){

write $employee.Last_Name}

Else {

}

}

I have a feeling it has something to do with the $mail variable lookup in AD.

Participant

I have no problem having the csv compare against itself with sometime like

#Loop through each selected object in the csv.    
    ForEach ($employee in ($adplist | Where {$_.Company -Match "Company A"}))  {

If (($employee.Email_Address) -notlike ('*@emailaddress.com')){

write $employee.Last_Name}

Else {

}

}

And this spits out everyone who doesn't have an email adddress ending in emailaddress.com. The issue i'm having is having this compare against AD. I'm either getting errors complaining about -filter or I get a list of pretty much everyone, thus not much help.

The topic ‘CSV to AD reporting - Part 2 of Oracle Importing’ is closed to new replies.