Default reply-to SMTP addresses

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Forums Archives Forums Archives 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

by brandonpurr at 2013-04-10 09:36:05

Hello all,

I have been in the process of migrating from an Exchange 2003 box to Exchange 2010.
    I have about 500 user mailboxes that I have moved over.
    The issue that I am having is that all our users have two smtp addresses: Full name and initials (FirstnameLastname@domain.com & itbwp@domain.com).
    In our Exchange 2003, all users reply-to address were set to their fullname address. In moving them, everyone is now set to the initials address.

I need to change all our users to use the fullname address address as the default instead and I am thinking that an email address policy will work for this (unless I am totally misunderstanding what they can do), but I can't find any information on how to create that rule using Powershell so that it will set them all correctly – meaning that they will all be using their fullname address as the default reply-to.

By all means, if there is another way to do this (and I wouldn't be surprised if there were) please let me know.
    I haven't really had any experience with Powershell, but I can absolutely see the, well... power of it. =)

I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks!
    Brandon

by DonJ at 2013-04-11 22:44:02

The nice part about Office 365 is that IT uses Exchange, and PowerShell, and they've documented a lot of these tasks. See if http://help.outlook.com/en-ca/140/dd251224.aspx doesn't provide you with a good starting point. The key will be to make sure you can do this to ONE mailbox – scaling it up to do many is not difficult, once you've gotten one-at-a-time working.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.