delete Google Chrome Cache in roaming profile

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A delete Google Chrome Cache in roaming profile

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 month ago.

• Author

Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

How to delete Google Chrome Cache in roaming profile on Virtual Desktops & stored path on server

//Server/location\%username%/AppData\Roaming\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Code Cache\js

and another location

//virtualmachine/AppData\Roaming\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Code Cache\js This changes all the time with machine now. Could anyone help Thanks.

I have done as below in a machine which works fine but unsure how it works for differnt laptopn number or pick all user name from a folder through "if"

The one worked is

$Now = Get-Date
    $Days = "30"
    $TargetFolder = "\\vmpvdb256\c$\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Code Cache\js\"
    $LastWrite = $Now.AddDays(-$Days)
    $Files = Get-Childitem $TargetFolder -Include $Extension -Recurse | Where {$_.LastWriteTime -le "$LastWrite"}
    foreach ($File in $Files) {
    if ($File -ne $NULL)
    {
    write-host "Deleting File $File" -ForegroundColor "Yellow"
    Remove-Item $File.FullName | out-null
    }
    else
    {
    Write-Host "Archive cleanup complete. No more files to delete!" -foregroundcolor "Green"
    }
    }

Thanks.

Wolfgang

Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 76
    Helping Hand

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean with the locations, but this should do the trick for all users on local machine. -Include needs to have * in the end of the path and I didn't get that to work, so I went to the slower path of checking the extensions in where statement.

$Extension = "html","json"
    $Days = 30
    $TargetFolder = "C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Code Cache\js"
    Get-Childitem $TargetFolder -Recurse | Where {$_.LastWriteTime -le $(Get-Date).AddDays(-$Days) -and $Extension -contains $_.extension} | Remove-Item -Verbose

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.