Disabled ActiveSync and OWA in Exchange Online

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Disabled ActiveSync and OWA in Exchange Online

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hello all!

I'm hoping this will be something fairly easy and obvious that I'm just missing.

I'm working on a script that will create a new mailbox in Office 365. This works great, but what I also would it to do is disable Exchange ActiveSync and OWA for Devices for the newly created user. After connecting to Exchange Online through PowerShell I've tried the Remove-MobileDevice and Remove-ActiveSync commands, but in those cases it's looking for a device to remove, where I need it to disable the settings for a specified user. I've attached a screen of the exact setting I'm talking about.

Participant

That worked BEAUTIFULLY thank you. I'll play around with what I can and can't pipe in, but at the very least this accomplishes what I needed my script to do. Thank you!

Participant

No problem! Just try running

Get-Help Set-CASMailbox -full

and it should tell you what parameters it accepts from the pipeline via property name or value.

Participant

Yep, and actually I just tested with Get-Mailbox -Identity j* | Set-CASMailbox -OWAEnabled $False -WhatIf and it (theoretically) worked perfectly.

Participant

For the record, I don't work with exchange and don't have direct access to exchange modules so I can't test this, but here's what I got from google:

To disable ActiveSync for a specific user:

Set-CASMailbox -Identity  -ActiveSyncEnabled $False

To disable OWA for a specific user:

Set-CASMailbox -Identity  -OWAEnabled $false

where is a GUID, distinguished name (DN), user principal name (UPN), SMTP address, or alias.

Apparently, you can also pipe objects into Set-CASMailbox from Get-User or Get-Mailbox but you'll have to look into that because the online help for the exchange cmdlets looks pretty awful.

The topic ‘Disabled ActiveSync and OWA in Exchange Online’ is closed to new replies.