Don Jones CBT nuggets

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Hayes Jeff Hayes 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Graham Beer
    Graham Beer
    Participant

Hi,

I would love to watch Don's "Windows PowerShell v2-v3-v4 Ultimate Training".

Paying to use CBT nuggets is very expensive for me what with a young family. I'm happy to pay a one off fee if there is a DVD available ?

It's not a cheeky request, honest. Would dealy love to watch those great videos.

Thanks

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

It's not sold on DVD.

Graham Beer
    Participant

No worries, thank you for replying Don. Much appreciated.

Profile photo of Craig Duff
    Craig Duff
    Participant

The powershell mva videos can be downloaded for free, and the videos that accompany the book Powershell in a month of lunches can be found on YouTube. If that helps at all.

Graham Beer
    Participant

Hello Craig, thanks that is useful. I've done the videos on YouTube, great by the way, looking for additional videos. I find the visual way of learning easier.
    Where can I find the MVA videos ?

Profile photo of Craig Duff
    Craig Duff
    Participant

[url]http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/getting-started-with-powershell-3-0-jump-start[/url]

That is the first one. If you search around on the site there are more. There is an advanced 3.0, I think there are two Active Directory with powershell, and there are two on DSC.

Profile photo of Rob Simmers
    Rob Simmers
    Participant

Don't know if Don can't "toot his own horn", so to speak, but Pluralsight is another option. It's like $30 a month and has Powershell and like every technology training video known to man. There is a free trial period as well so you can try it out.

Profile photo of Wilfredo Perez
    Wilfredo Perez
    Participant

I am a memeber of Pluralsight and love it. I pay about 49.00 a month and it's worth the money. I also look for training videos on youtube.com and have Powershell book from Don Jones, Ed Wilson, etc.

Profile photo of Jeff Hayes
    Jeff Hayes
    Participant

They do offer a free 7 day's where you can watch the series there. I'm in the middle of the training series and while it's extremely helpful I'd recommend Pluralsight and the MVA Videos. Along with the Help in powershell and the About help info.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.