DSC experimental resources with no Internet access

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Justin King Justin King 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill Farrell
    Bill Farrell
    Participant

Our servers do not have Internet access, so I am looking for a way that I can take advantage of the eXperimental resources. Is there some way to download the resources and content to a workstation that has Internet access, and copy the files to the servers that do not have Internet access?

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

Yep, they're just PowerShell modules. You can download and copy them however you like. (Onto a DSC pull server, for example.)

Profile photo of Arie H
    Arie H
    Participant

Hi Bill,

https://github.com/PowerShell/DscResources
    (Edit: Make sure youre on the Master branch before downloading it)

Other way is get a pC with internet and go to powershell gallery

http://www.powershellgallery.com/items?q=xDSC

Install them on that pc and then just copy the modules folder to the non-internet connected network.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I'd avoid getting directly from GitHub, as that't the developer branch, and may not be exactly what's in the Gallery. Dave's suggestion of downloading from another workstation and then simply file-copying would work.

Profile photo of Justin King
    Justin King
    Participant

If you guys have "Taken the plunge" to WMF5 you can setup a shared folder as a module repository as well without having to setup a complete pull server environment. It's a nice way to not have to manually copy things all over the place while still using "push" configuration and not commit to a pull server.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.