DSC Pull Client not correcting drift

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Daniel Krebs Daniel Krebs 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alan Scott
    Alan Scott

Hi guys,
    I have just put in my first pull server and am just testing it out. I have a client which checks in and applies the config fine. But when I remove a Windows Feature to test drift correction, it does not correct it and reinstall the feature. I have got the LCM Configuration mode set to "ApplyAndAutoCorrect". Running Update-DSCConfiguration -Verbose just tells me that there are no updates to the config, which I would expect and Test-DSCConfiguration returns false.

I have tried running the Consistency Scheduled task manually just to be sure but it never reapplies the missing Feature. Any help would be much appreciated.

PS Version 4.0
    OS Windows 2012 R2

Profile photo of Daniel Krebs
    Daniel Krebs

Is your client fully patched including the November 2014 update rollup? The November update rollup brings several reliability improvements to DSC in PS version 4.0.

Alternative: Install PowerShell 5.0 Production Preview which got rid of the scheduled task.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.