Author Posts

March 3, 2016 at 12:37 am

Hi,

I'm currently new to DSC but I've got a pretty good grasp on it so far. I am in the process of building a custom resource and deploying it out via a pull server. For the most part everything in my configuration was all good until I got to this part.

I believe my issue is the format of the ZIP being stored in my DSC module directory for the pull server.

The module in my powershell module directory looks like this:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\MODULES\XENABLEFIREWALL
| xEnableFirewall.psd1
|
\—DSCResources
\—xEnableFirewall
xEnableFirewall.psm1
xEnableFirewall.schema.mof
xEnableFirewall.schema.mof.checksum

Of the above files how should they be zipped up? I've tried numerous combinations and none have worked. I am aware that it needs to be zipped like xEnableFirewall_1.0.zip and a checksum created for the ZIP. The ZIP has at the very least the following included

—xEnableFirewall
xEnableFirewall.psm1
xEnableFirewall.schema.mof
xEnableFirewall.schema.mof.checksum

But where do I put the psd1 that contains the version info etc?

I've tried it in pretty much almost every combination I can think of but no luck.

The LCM downloads the file to temp but then I get errors in my event log saying this depending on the location where I've put the psd1 file in the ZIP:

ErrorId is 0x6. ErrorDetail is Module file xEnableFirewall did not contain a module with required version 1.0.

or

The content validation for module xEnableFirewall completed with status code 6.

or

The content validation for module xEnableFirewall completed with status code 12.

March 3, 2016 at 3:43 am

I figured it out. One of the previous threads in here (https://powershell.org/forums/topic/why-is-my-pull-server-not-delivering-modules-wmf5-pp/). Gave me what I need.

Once I figured out what the format is it then revealed another issue that I was missing a } in my module and it throws an error that was making me look in the wrong spots.