DSC Script resource erroring out on function name from module

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill Farrell Bill Farrell 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill Farrell
    Bill Farrell
    Participant

I have the following desired state configuration script with a script resource referencing a module I'm using. The error I get is that in the test block, Get-NTFSAccess is not recognized. What's rude about this is that in the ISE, it's not only recognized, it autocompletes the function name and parameters for me. Could this be a scope issue?
    import-module NTFSSecurity -verbose
    Configuration DCConfig{
    param ($CompName)

Import-DscResource -ModuleName PSDesiredStateConfiguration

import-module NTFSSecurity -verbose

Node $CompName{

Script Check_C_NTFSPerms {

GetScript= {
    Get-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\Users" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty AccessRights
    }

SetScript = {
    Remove-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\users" -AccessRights AppendData -PassThru

Remove-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\users" -AccessRights CreateFiles -PassThru
    }

TestScript = {
    if ((Get-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\Users" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty AccessRights) -notlike "ReadAndExecute, Synchronize")
    {$False} else {$True}
    }
    }

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

Where is the module installed? If it's in your Documents folder, DSC won't see it; you'll need to put it in a system-wide location (typically Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules).

Profile photo of Bill Farrell
    Bill Farrell
    Participant

Thank you, that was the problem! Since I'm using a push method and not pull, the target server could not pull the module from my source server. When I copied the module to the target server's modules directory, it worked fine.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.