DSC Script resource erroring out on function name from module

Welcome Forums DSC (Desired State Configuration) DSC Script resource erroring out on function name from module

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I have the following desired state configuration script with a script resource referencing a module I'm using. The error I get is that in the test block, Get-NTFSAccess is not recognized. What's rude about this is that in the ISE, it's not only recognized, it autocompletes the function name and parameters for me. Could this be a scope issue?
    import-module NTFSSecurity -verbose
    Configuration DCConfig{
    param ($CompName)

Import-DscResource -ModuleName PSDesiredStateConfiguration

import-module NTFSSecurity -verbose

Node $CompName{

Script Check_C_NTFSPerms {

GetScript= {
    Get-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\Users" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty AccessRights
    }

SetScript = {
    Remove-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\users" -AccessRights AppendData -PassThru

Remove-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\users" -AccessRights CreateFiles -PassThru
    }

TestScript = {
    if ((Get-NTFSAccess -Path c:\ -Account "BUILTIN\Users" | Select-Object -ExpandProperty AccessRights) -notlike "ReadAndExecute, Synchronize")
    {$False} else {$True}
    }
    }

Where is the module installed? If it's in your Documents folder, DSC won't see it; you'll need to put it in a system-wide location (typically Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules).

Participant

Thank you, that was the problem! Since I'm using a push method and not pull, the target server could not pull the module from my source server. When I copied the module to the target server's modules directory, it worked fine.

Thanks again!

The topic ‘DSC Script resource erroring out on function name from module’ is closed to new replies.