Enter-PSSession - Tab Completion

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Forums Archives Forums Archives 5 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

by DougPlumley at 2013-04-23 07:55:02

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm trying to figure out why tab completion doesn't work after you enter a remote session using Enter-PSSession, is it simply because some sessions don't include the TabExpansion2 function? Is there a way to get tab completion working?

I'm currently working on creating a custom endpoint for our help desk and I want to make the experience as fluid as possible with a very limited set of commands available to them. I could simply use Import-PSSession, but I really want full control over their experience while using our tools.

Thanks!

-Doug

by DougPlumley at 2013-04-23 08:12:05

[quote="DougPlumley"]Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm trying to figure out why tab completion doesn't work after you enter a remote session using Enter-PSSession, is it simply because some sessions don't include the TabExpansion2 function? Is there a way to get tab completion working?

I'm currently working on creating a custom endpoint for our help desk and I want to make the experience as fluid as possible with a very limited set of commands available to them. I could simply use Import-PSSession, but I really want full control over their experience while using our tools.

Thanks!

-Doug[/quote]

I just noticed viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1598, I'm reviewing that now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.