Error in Sync Server using Web Deploy PowerShell Cmdlets

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pawan Dubey 1 week ago.

• Author

Pawan Dubey
    Participant

I am trying to sync two web servers using below commands (reference link)

$src_publishing_file = Join-Path $ENV:TEMP ("{0}.publishsettings" -f $ENV:COMPUTERNAME)

$dst_site='testDeployement'

New-WDPublishSettings -ComputerName $ENV:COMPUTERNAME -AgentType MSDepSvc -FileName $src_publishing_file -Site $dst_site

$computer='computerName'

$dst_publishing_file = Join-Path $ENV:TEMP ("{0}.publishsettings" -f $computer)

New-WDPublishSettings -ComputerName $computer -AgentType MSDepSvc -FileName $dst_publishing_file -Site $dst_site

Sync-WDServer -SourcePublishSettings $src_publishing_file -DestinationPublishSettings $dst_publishing_file

I am getting below error, and I don't know why its not working (however normal Copy-Item command is working fine).

Sync-WDServer : (11/13/2017 4:28:38 AM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
    Cannot create a file when that file already exists. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700B7)
       at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.IAppHostConfigLocationCollection.AddLocation(String bstrLocationPath)
       at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.AppHostConfigProvider.AddChild(DeploymentObject source, Int32 position, Boolean whatIf)
       at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.AddChild(DeploymentObject source, Int32 position, DeploymentSyncContext syncContext)..............

Please share your thoughts on this

Richard Siddaway

Reading the error message the first thing is to check if there's an old copy of the file on the target. Maybe do a test-path on the target and delete if its present

Pawan Dubey
      Participant

Hi Richard,
      There is no old copy of data. And the purpose of using Sync-WDServer command it that it itself checks that and does everything.
      Regards,
      PD

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.