Errror installing AzureRM and AADRM

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Errror installing AzureRM and AADRM

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hello,

I am trying to install AzureRM and AADRM PowerShell module and am running into issues.

Environment:
    Behind a corporate proxy, running PowerShell 5.1 with elevated privileges. Windows 7 64bit.

AzureRM Install
    Install-Module -Name AzureRM -RequiredVersion 6.7.0
    When I run this command I receive the following error:

PackageManagement\Install-Package : No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name 'AzureRm'.
    Try Get-PSRepository to see all available registered module repositories.
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1772 char:21
    + ...          $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
    +                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Power....InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

AADRM Install
    Install-Module -Name AADRM
    When I run this command I get the following error:

PackageManagement\Install-Package : No match was found for the specified search criteria and module name 'aadrm'. Try Get-PSRepository to see all available registered module repositories.

At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.0.0.1\PSModule.psm1:1772 char:21
    + ...          $null = PackageManagement\Install-Package @PSBoundParameters
    +                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Power....InstallPackage:InstallPackage) [Install-Package], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFoundForCriteria,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.InstallPackage

I'm not sure where to proceed with these errors. Thank you.

Team MemberHelping Hand

Hey Paresh,

Have you tried Get-PSRepository to see all available registered module repositories?

What do you get when you run that?

PS C:\..\james.ruskin>Get-PSRepository

Name                      InstallationPolicy   SourceLocation
    ----                      ------------------   --------------
    PSGallery                 Trusted              https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2/

If you get something similar to PSGallery being available (shown above), what happens if you run (for example):

Find-Module AADRM

Participant
    Helping Hand

Try it this way to get as much detail as possible about what is going on at each stage.

'AzureRM','AADRM' | % {
            Find-Module -Name $_ -Verbose | 
            Save-Module -Path "$env:USERPROFILE\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules" -Force -Verbose
            Install-Module -Name $_ -Force -Verbose
        }

Participant

Thank you all. Turns out I had to restore the PSGallery repository source location to point it back to powershellgallery.com (it was blank for some reason). Once that was done I was able to install both modules properly.

The topic ‘Errror installing AzureRM and AADRM’ is closed to new replies.