Exact processing logic of Configuration Data File

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Aaron Stainback
    Aaron Stainback
    Participant

What is the exact processing logic of a configuration data file? Is nodename required, can I use something else. I really want to customize the heck out of it but I want to fully understand the processing first. Could I use machnename instead of nodename for instance? I don't really want to do this exactly I'm just trying to understand the flexibility. Can I have multiple different attributes that have * in them. I know * is not a wild card but can it only apply to nodename? Thanks.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

The data file is really just passed to a configuration script. The NodeName portion is what tells the configuration script to repeat its Node{} block for that node. So, yeah, you kinda have to have it, unless you're providing those some other way.

It might be more helpful if you have a specific scenario in mind. Keep in mind that while a few of us do know a lot about this stuff, none of us have seen the code or the exact logic that goes on under the hood.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.