Exchange Permissions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Sanders 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Kevin Sanders
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a user and she has multiple users mailboxes setup on her outlook but she does not want to see the users task and only have access to the mailbox and calendar is there any powershell command that I can use to setup these permissions ?

Rob Simmers
    Participant

This is more of an Exchange question, I would recommend asking on a Exchange thread. It also is a single user, so you may not even need Powershell to accomplish the task.

Kevin Sanders
    Participant

I did post it on technet exchange but since you have powershell on a exchange server I was wondering if anyone would know how to accomplish this

Greg Altman
    Participant

Hi Kevin,
    Are you trying to make it so they see ONLY the Inbox but not tasks and calendars? I'm not sure that's even possible. I know you can give someone ( managers etc) Full Access without Automapping that mailbox to their Outlook. This makes it so the manager has to use something like OWA to access the employee's mailbox. That's how we handled that.
    The command to do that is :

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity EmployeeName -User 'ManagerName' -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All -Automapping $false 

Ref: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh529943%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Kevin Sanders
    Participant

They use should be able to see everything except the tasks, Because its showing up on her profiles and she is getting confused with her and other users tasks.
    I setup a new profile with instead of adding the mailbox on the outlook profile but from exchange gave her permission to the mailbox so that the others users tasks and reminders of task won't show up on her side but she will be able to view everything.

Kevin Sanders
    Participant

Rob Simmers
    Participant

Hey Kevin,

Glad you found a solution to your issue and thank your for posting the solution for others.

Kevin Sanders
    Participant

No problem Rob, That's what the community is all about right.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.