Exchange PS and foreach

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Reilstad Reilstad 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Reilstad
    Reilstad
    Participant

Hi,

I am really frustrated.

I am trying to complete a script that give me all inactive users in AD and their current mailbox sizes in Exchange based on samaccountname.

what i got :

$Days=180
    $OU="Customer OU's"
    $OutputfilePath = "c:\Report\180daysincelogon_"+([datetime]::Now).tostring("yyyy-MMM-dd")+".csv"

get-aduser -filter * -searchscope subtree -searchbase $OU -properties emailaddress,DisplayName,lastlogontimestamp,whencreated | ? {(((Get-date) – ([datetime]::FromFileTime($_.lastlogontimestamp))).TotalDays -gt $days)} | select Emailaddress,DisplayName,samaccountname,Userprincipalname,whencreated, @{Exp={([datetime]::FromFileTime($_.lastlogontimestamp))};label="Last logon time stamp"} | Sort-Object "Last logon time stamp" | export-csv $OutputfilePath -NoTypeInformation

$csv = Import-Csv $OutputfilePath
    foreach ($line in $csv)
    {
    (get-mailboxstatistics -identity $line.samaccountname | select Totalitemsize,itemcount | export-csv $OutputfilePath -Force -Append)
    }

I suppose this could be done in a much different and better way, but I am still learning 🙂

What i need is to add header in csv file before the import-csv cmdlet. I know i need to add it as a property but is not able to do it.

Is there any tips & tricks ?

Profile photo of Olaf Soyk
    Olaf Soyk
    Participant

(untested)

If you want to have all information in one csv you have to export it in one chunk ... maybe like this:

$Days=180
    $OU="Customer OU's"
    $OutputfilePath = "c:\Report\180daysincelogon_"+([datetime]::Now).tostring("yyyy-MMM-dd")+".csv"

$ADUSers = get-aduser -filter * -searchscope subtree -searchbase $OU -properties emailaddress,DisplayName,lastlogontimestamp,whencreated | ? {(((Get-date) – ([datetime]::FromFileTime($_.lastlogontimestamp))).TotalDays -gt $days)} 
    foreach ($ADUser in $ADUSers) {
        $MBStats = get-mailboxstatistics -identity $ADUSer.samaccountname | select Totalitemsize,itemcount
        $OutputObj = [PSCustomObject]@{
            Emailaddress = $ADUser.Emailaddress
            DisplayName = $ADUser.DisplayName
            samaccountname = $ADUser.samaccountname
            Userprincipalname = $ADUser.Userprincipalname
            whencreated = $ADUser.whencreated
            LastLogonTimeStamp = ([datetime]::FromFileTime($ADUser.lastlogontimestamp))
            Totalitemsize = $MBStats.Totalitemsize
            itemcount = $MBStats.itemcount
        }
    }

$OutputObj

$OutputObj | export-csv $OutputfilePath -Force -NoTypeInformation

Profile photo of Matt McNabb
      Matt McNabb
      Participant

Olaf:

The example above will only output one object, rather than the entire array, because OutputObj is being assigned inside the foreach loop. You should be able to fix this by moving the assignment directly before the foreach keyword:

$Days=180
      $OU="Customer OU's"

$ADUSers = get-aduser -filter * -searchscope subtree -searchbase $OU -properties emailaddress,DisplayName,lastlogontimestamp,whencreated | ? {(((Get-date) – ([datetime]::FromFileTime($_.lastlogontimestamp))).TotalDays -gt $days)} 
      $OutputObj = foreach ($ADUser in $ADUSers) {
          $MBStats = get-mailboxstatistics -identity $ADUSer.samaccountname | select Totalitemsize,itemcount
          [PSCustomObject]@{
              Emailaddress = $ADUser.Emailaddress
              DisplayName = $ADUser.DisplayName
              samaccountname = $ADUser.samaccountname
              Userprincipalname = $ADUser.Userprincipalname
              whencreated = $ADUser.whencreated
              LastLogonTimeStamp = ([datetime]::FromFileTime($ADUser.lastlogontimestamp))
              Totalitemsize = $MBStats.Totalitemsize
              itemcount = $MBStats.itemcount
          }
      }

$OutputObj

$OutputObj | export-csv $OutputfilePath -Force -NoTypeInformation

Profile photo of Olaf Soyk
    Olaf Soyk
    Participant

Oops ... you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Reilstad
    Participant

Thanks for the response 🙂

When running without the $outputObj in front of the foreach loop i get one line written in the csv. When putting the $OutputObj in front the csv is empty.

Seems the loop isnt looping 🙂

Thanks for replies 🙂

Reilstad
    Participant

Nevermind 🙂 Figured it out. Had mistyped 🙂

Thanks for the help !!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.