export domain users & admins to csv - 2 columns

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jan Meeuws Jan Meeuws 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan Meeuws
    Jan Meeuws
    Participant

Hello,

I'm not very familiar with powershell and would need some (urgent) help: I need a script that exports the domain users and domain admins to a single csv file. So that in the first column the domain users are mentioned and in the second column "yes" or "no" if they are in the group "domain admins".
    Thank you very much for your help!

Profile photo of Paul Frankovich
    Paul Frankovich
    Participant

Why not just get a list of the domain admins instead of touching every AD account?

Get-ADGroupMember -Identity "Domain Admins"
    Jan Meeuws
    Participant

I need a csv with 2 columns for an audit, it really needs to be that way 🙁
    thank you for your help!

Profile photo of rintke
    rintke
    Participant
    Get-ADGroupMember -Identity "Domain Users" | Select Name | Export-csv -Path C:\Output\DomainUsers-GroupMembers.csv -NoTypeInformation
    Get-ADGroupMember -Identity "Domain Admins" | Select Name | Export-csv -Path C:\Output\DomainAdmins-GroupMembers.csv -NoTypeInformation

Use these to export the information from AD to CSV and then just use Excel to get what you want.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of rintke rintke.
    Jan Meeuws
    Participant

Okay, thank you. But now I have two separate lists and I only need one with both columns combined (maybe this isn't a powershell demand no more)

Profile photo of Dan Potter
    Dan Potter
    Participant

$da = (Get-ADGroupMember 'domain admins').samaccountname;get-aduser -filter * | %{[pscustomobject]@{sam=$_.samaccountname;isDA=[bool]($_.samaccountname -in $da)}}

Jan Meeuws
    Participant

Dan,

as I said: I'm totally unfamiliar with powershell. When I enter your suggestion, it returns the error "you must provide a value expression on the right-hand side of the '-' operator" (at char 154)

Furthermore, I think this doesn't give me an export to csv, right? To do this, do I just need to add another "| export-csv path c:\..."?
    thx again!

Dan Potter
    Participant

practice, practice, practice 🙂 remove the selection after you're comfortable with the output.

$da = (Get-ADGroupMember 'domain admins').samaccountname

get-aduser -filter * | %{[pscustomobject]@{sam=$_.samaccountname;isDA=[bool]($_.samaccountname -in $da)}} | select -First 10 | export-csv dainfo.csv

Jan Meeuws
    Participant

I will Dan 🙂

currently still the same error 🙁

You must provide a value expression on the right-hand side of the '-' operator.
    At C:\PowershellScripts\ExportDomainAdmins.ps1:3 char:97
    + get-aduser -filter * | %{[pscustomobject]@{sam=$_.samaccountname;isDA=[bool]($_.samac
    countname – <<<< in $da)}} | select -First 10 | export-csv domain-admins.csv + CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParseException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExpectedValueExpression

Dan Potter
    Participant

$da = (Get-ADGroupMember 'domain admins').samaccountname;$da.count;$users = get-aduser -filter * |select -First 10;$users.count

Jan Meeuws
    Participant

this looks good, script doesn't return errors.
    unfortunately the output is not correct: it gives me a single line "#TYPE System.Int32"

Dan Potter
    Participant

I don't know where my text went in the last post. I wanted you to run that and tell me the output. There should be two numbers returned. Are there current members of the DA group?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Dan Potter Dan Potter.
    Jan Meeuws
    Participant

yes, there are about 20 users in the group "Domain Admins"

Dan Potter
    Participant

type $da press enter, do you get output?

type on of the samaccountnames in the da group in the quotes here, what does it give you?

('samaccountname' -in $da)

Jan Meeuws
    Participant

typing $da in powershell doesn't return any output
    when I enter a samaccountname as you suggested I receive the same error as before:

You must provide a value expression on the right-hand side of the '-' operator.
    ar:14
    + ('—admin' – <<<< in $da) + CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParseException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExpectedValueExpression

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.