Export Out Users Who Have Not Used their E-Mail

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Forums Archives Forums Archives 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

by morpheus83uk at 2012-10-16 07:19:56

Hello,

I am struggling to get a solution for one of our users who has requested who has not used /logged onto their mailbox since the 1st Sept now they have certain people who should be on the list however I cant get them on the list at all I have tried last logon times from all DC's and got the latest one but they dont appear I cant find anything common between any of the users.

Is there anything that can be scripted to get this information?

Many Thanks

James

by morpheus83uk at 2012-10-17 02:09:55

Does anyone have any ideas on this as I am a bit stumped.

Many Thanks

James

by mjolinor at 2012-10-18 19:13:44

To check to see if they're using the mailbox, you can check the message tracking logs for sent emails, for as far back as the logs go.

You can also script checking the Inbox for the newest Read item, using the EWS managed API. That's a little more involved.

by morpheus83uk at 2012-10-22 04:08:34

Hello,

There are around 800 users so hence I was thinking of scripting it so I am not sure that looking through the tracking logs is the best idea.

As for the EWS managed API I have no idea how to use it could you give me a starting point and I will have a go?

Many Thanks

James

by Pat Richard at 2012-10-23 13:53:08

Checking the tracking logs could be problematic, since you'd likely have to span servers to look at all of them.

by morpheus83uk at 2012-10-24 01:35:42

Exactly which is why I dont favour this for near 800 users do you know how I can use the EWS managed API in powershell for my needs?

Many Thanks

James

by camlost at 2012-12-11 06:48:40

What about using Get-MailboxStatistics ?
    There is a property called LastLogonTime. However, I think it's being updated even in case of delegate access. Which may or may not be an issue for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.