Note: My original post with the same titel got lost or something. I have no clue what happened.
Over the years I have gathered a nice collection of modules. Here are some of my favorites:
– dbachecks – SQL Server Infrastructure Tests
– dbatools – automate database development and server administration
– ImportExcel – import/export Excel spreadsheets, without Excel
– NTFSSecurity – manage file and folder security on NTFS volumes
– Pansies – handling color and cursor positioning via ANSI escape sequences
– PoshRSJob – use runspaces to create jobs that allow throttling and quicker execution of commands
– PowerLine – richer output and prompts
– PSEverything – Powershell access to Everything for fast file system searches
– PSLogging – creates and manages log files for your scripts
– PSWindowsUpdate – Windows Update Client
– SNMP – manage systems using SNMP
– SqlServer – automate database development and server administration
– Universal Dashboard – cross-platform module for developing websites and REST APIs
– VMware.PowerCLI – manage Vmware environments
– Z – quickly navigate the file system based on your cd command history
I know there are definitely some gems I am missing or I should switch from one to another.
What are some of your favorite modules?
Did you write one you like to share?
Do you know a nicely curated list of awesome ones?
Policy File Editor (local Group Policy) (still don't know how to use get-gpregistryvalue) Wish there was an actual PrintManagement one. Wish the snmp one would resolve hostnames and handle bits (more than 8).