File resource in for loop for dynamic sources

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Sameer Kumar
    Sameer Kumar
    Participant

I have been trying to use File resource inside foreach loop for multiple sourcepath and single destination but it errors out stating that:

Resources have identical key properties but there are differences in the following non-key properties: 'SourcePath'. Values '\\IM' don't match values '\\PowerShellGallery'. Please update these property values so that they are identical in both cases.

Here is my POSH:

foreach ($folder in Get-ChildItem -Recurse -Path "\\$ModulesDirectory" -Depth 0 -Directory)
            {
                $folderName = $folder.Name
                $ctr++
                File "DuplicateModulesFolder$ctr"
                {
                    DestinationPath = "C:\Temp\1"
                    Checksum        = "ModifiedDate"
                    Ensure          = "Present"
                    Recurse         = $true
                    SourcePath      = "$ModulesDirectory\$folderName"
                    Type            = "Directory"
                    MatchSource     = $true
                    Credential = $runAsUserCred
                }
            }

In this sample, $ModulesDirectory is UNC containing 2 nested folders IM and PowerShellGallery. I want to pull down files from UNC path into local drive. In future there may be multiple folders under $ModulesDirectory root dir.

Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Every resource defines specific properties that are its "keys," and each instance of that resource must have a unique key. I'm not in front of a computer to check, but I believe for the File resource it's DestinationPath. You can't have multiple blocks with the same DestinationPath.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.