Filtering & counting result Debug-StorageSubSystem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mario mario 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of mario
    mario
    Participant

Hi,

We have a windows 2016 with the new storage spaces and I want now monitor the health of the pool.
    In powershell I can run: "Get-StorageSubSystem Cluster* | Debug-StorageSubSystem"
    and then I have a result (cfr beneath).
    I would like to filter only the "Severity: Critical" and count the result (eg "1").

Can somebody help me? The (... | measure).count gives me a number but I can't filter.

TIA

Mario

Severity: Critical

Reason : xxx
    Recommendation : xxx
    Description : xxx

Severity: Minor

Reason : yyy
    Recommendation : yyy
    Description : yyy

Profile photo of Rob Simmers
    Rob Simmers
    Participant

You can get a count based on severity by using Group-Object:

Get-StorageSubSystem Cluster* | Debug-StorageSubSystem | Group-Object -Property Severity -NoElement | Sort Count -Descending 

You can also filter like this:

$debug = Get-StorageSubSystem Cluster* | Debug-StorageSubSystem | Where {$_.Severity -eq 'Critical'}
    $debug.Count

Profile photo of mario
      mario
      Participant

Thank you Rob!

I will use
      (Get-StorageSubSystem Cluster* | Debug-StorageSubSystem | Where {$_.PerceivedSeverity -eq 'Critical'} | measure).count

Apparently the object was
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn889970(v=vs.85).aspx
      with the property PerceivedSeverity and not severity like it was onscreen.

It took some time to detect the class but you have put me in the correct direction.
      Tx!

Mario

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.