Filtering Registry Key, value Pairs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brad Brad 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

I am trying to get the name and value of each key pair using the following in Powershell v5

$path = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\*'
    $key = Get-Item $path

$namevalues=$key.getvaluenames() | ForEach-Object {[PSCustomObject] @{name=$_; Value=$key.Getvalue($_)}}

I have become stuck, and would appreciate any assistance to rectify this. I seem to be part of the way there but an issue is getting to corresponding key value out, I can get only as far as the name, but can't get the corresponding value.

Thanks

Profile photo of Hermann
    Hermann
    Participant

What information would you like to get?
    Installed Software?

If you have System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) in your environment try this

$computer = "LocalHost" 
    $namespace = "root\cimv2\sms" 
    Get-WmiObject -class SMS_InstalledSoftware -computername $computer -namespace $namespace | out-gridview
      Profile photo of Andrew
      Andrew
      Participant

Thanks for that – will check it out, I suffer from over thinking things when Powershell makes it 'easy' – I find this out after banging head for a while.

I put together this which gets me to where I need, interested in getting the uninstall path of installed software as one part of my problems. Should be OK now – Thanks!

$path = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\*'
      Get-ChildItem -Path $path | Get-ItemProperty | Where-Object{$_.uninstallstring}

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Try this:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\*, HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* |  Select-Object DisplayName, DisplayVersion, Publisher, InstallDate | Format-Table –AutoSize

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.