Find Last Domain Login Location via username

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tim Pringle Tim Pringle 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jared Derby
    Jared Derby
    Participant

I'm looking for some assistance in finding, where a service account last logged into a member server.

Thanks

Profile photo of Will Anderson
    Will Anderson
    Keymaster

As far as I know, there's no real direct way to do this. Every script example I've seen grabs a list of computers from AD, and then queries the computers for the last logged on user. You might consider running a script against a domain controller's security logs for a corresponding logon event. I'm away from my lab right now, but I'll see if I can whip something up. If you don't have access to a DC though, you might have to go the long way around with querying the machines.

Profile photo of Tim Pringle
    Tim Pringle
    Participant

If you end up needing to query locally, it sounds like something that a PowerShell Workflow is good for.

workflow Get-LastLogonDate
    {
        Param
        (

[string[]] $ComputerName

)

foreach -parallel ($computer in $ComputerName)
        {
            $result = Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_NetworkLoginProfile -PSComputerName $computer |
            Where-Object -Property Caption -EQ -Value 'usernamehere' |
            Select-Object -ExpandProperty LastLogon
            "$env:computername,$result"
        }
    } 

To use, set the value of the Caption property accordingly, and ensure $computers is an array with the list of servers to be scanned.

Get-LastLogonDate -ComputerName $computers

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.