Force Programe to run as Administrator

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Peter Jurgens Peter Jurgens 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Karem Ali
    Karem Ali
    Participant

I am Creating a GUI Application in PowerShell

But i am Dealing with Group Policy so All Hives in HKLM Needs Admin Privillige

i wrote a code that error is shown when the App is not running as Admin

But i want it when a user double click it even he didn't click on " Run As Admin " That UAC Appears and Ask him to

run it as Admin , so i don't bother Users with Error Appears asking him to run as Admin

so what should i do ?

Thanks in Advance ,

Profile photo of Christian Sandfeld
    Christian Sandfeld
    Participant

I have not tested this myself, but have a look at the Re-launch Powershell Script Elevated Script Center script

Karem Ali
      Participant

i reed it but as i know it will run just if the User Run Ps1 Script Because it depending on "$MyInvocation.ScriptName "
      i think it will not work if it converted to Exe But i will Try and i Hope It works
      i wrote the above but before click submit i trtied to use the Script and it didn't work even with Ps1

Thank You Christian Sandfeld for your Answer

Profile photo of Mark Prior
    Mark Prior
    Participant

if you use Sapien Studio, when you build the program you can set it with an elevated manifest

Karem Ali
      Participant

First Thank you Mark Prior for your Answer

But i am not Using Sapien yet , but i will as you recommanded in my other question

But if it is no a GUI Script what should i do , I Know i can Take The Code From Sapien but i don't have it right now

So Can you Tell Me How To do that

By The Way i am going to Convert Ps1 into Exe to Be Easy for The USer

Profile photo of Peter Jurgens
    Peter Jurgens
    Participant

My approach to something similar is to create a shortcut to launch the script/application. Then in the shortcut properties you can set it to always launch elevated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.