ForEach Trouble – I’m sure I’m Missing Something Small

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A ForEach Trouble – I’m sure I’m Missing Something Small

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 7

I know what I’m doing wrong, but I don’t know how to code myself out of the problem.

I am trying to get all of the users for a specific Distribution Group, but I’m only using one variable.  Can someone help get me out of this paper bag I’ve put over my head?

Thanks,

-Rob

$SharedMailboxes = @()
      $Rollup = @()
      $i = 0

$SharedMailboxes = Get-EXORecipient -ResultSize Unlimited -Filter {(EmailAddresses -like '*@domain1.de') -or (EmailAddresses -like '*@domain2.co.uk') -or (EmailAddresses -like '*@domain3.com') -or (EmailAddresses -like '*@domain4.de')} | ? RecipientTypeDetails -eq "SharedMailbox"
      ForEach ($SharedMailbox in $SharedMailboxes){
          $MailboxUsers = Get-EXOMailboxPermission $SharedMailbox.Identity |? user -like '*@*'
          ForEach ($MailboxUser in $MailboxUsers){
              $Name = Get-EXORecipient -Identity $MailboxUser.User
          }
      $item = New-Object PSObject
      $item | Add-Member -Type NoteProperty -Name 'Distribution Group' -Value $SharedMailbox.DisplayName
      $item | Add-Member -Type NoteProperty -Name 'Distribution Group Email' -Value $SharedMailbox.PrimarySMTPAddress
      $item | Add-Member -Type NoteProperty -Name 'UPN' -Value $Name.DisplayName
      $item | Add-Member -Type NoteProperty -Name 'Primary Email' -Value $Name.PrimarySMTPAddress
      $Rollup += $item
      $i++
      Write-Progress -activity "Researching Distro" -status "Distro: $i of $($SharedMailboxes.Count)" -percentComplete (($i / $SharedMailboxes.Count) * 100)
      }

Participant
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 30
      Helping Hand

Hello R_Martin,
      You are closing your nested foreach loop to soon. Simply move closing bracket “}” from line #10 to line #20.

Also I noticed that you are using += operator to dynamically add objects to $Rollup array. += Operator is not best approach as it is very time consuming. And during execution of your script your Office365 session might be dropped and script will fail. I would suggest to use ArrayList.
      Substitute line #2 to following

$Rollup=New-Object System.Collections.ArrayList

and line #16 to

$Rollup.Add($item)

Hope that helps.

Participant
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 7

Hello Andy!

Thank you for your help.  It works perfectly now.  The only thing I added was on line 16 I did the following to keep it from counting up on screen.

$Rollup.Add($item) > $Null
      Thanks again!
      Participant
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 30
      Helping Hand

Glad that you figured it out.

More PowerShellish way would be to pipe it to Out-Null

=)

Hope that helps.

js
      Participant
      Topics: 31
      Replies: 829
      Helping Hand

Where do those red spaces come from again (non-breaking spaces or nbsp?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by js.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.