Forgotten password

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Forgotten password

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Participant

Complete newby to Powershell, and most of the really technical stuff about computers!!!.  So this may seem a bit of a silly question to some. I needed to access my PC running Win10 as "Administrator" to change/check a couple of things about my network adapter. But whenever I attempt to Log in as administrator or via Powershell. a window appears with    c:\users\gordon>     Presumably I then need to enter a password.... But I've not got a clue as to what the password is !!  How can I retrieve it, or get a new one ?

Keymaster
    Helping HandTeam Member

Actually, no. If you're already logged in as Administrator, then the new window title bar should say Administrator, and you'll have full privileges.

Participant

Are you logged into the computer as an administrator ? If so press the windows key and type powershell. right click on it and select run as admin.

If you are not logged in as admin is this PC on a domain ? if so get your net admin people to reset your admin password or create an admin account for you.

If this is a stand alone PC (Home) and you have a windows install disk (does not matter if it is Windows 7 ,8, 8.1 or 10) just search the internet on how to reset the Administrator password with a Windows install disk

http://www.pcunlocker.com/reset-windows-10-password-with-install-disk.html

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.