Format List Properties into Excel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Graham Beer Graham Beer 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of DB
    DB
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to convert some output into nice CSV files for later reference.

E.g I am running in Office 365 Get-TransportConfig and it returns a list of properties and values. e.g.

AddressBookPolicyRoutingEnabled : False
    AnonymousSenderToRecipientRatePerHour : 1800

I would like to export all of these values into a CSV with the column headings:

Property Values
    AddressBookPolicyRoutingEnabled False
    AnonymousSenderToRecipientRatePerHour 1800

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Profile photo of Graham Beer
    Graham Beer
    Participant

Hi DB,

you can use the 'Export-CSV' cmdlet. Simply pipe your 'Get-TransportConfig' cmdlet to 'export-csv', set the path and job done 🙂

Profile photo of DB
    DB
    Participant

Sorry this does not work, since all the values are returned in one row, and each property is a separate column.

I am wanting to substitute the property/value pairs into a custom table, with each on a separate row.

I guess I could reformat the data once it is already in CSV, but out of interest I would like to know how I might be able to manipulate the output in powershell.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of DB DB.
    Profile photo of Graham Beer
    Graham Beer
    Participant

DB,

you can use the Export-Csv -Delimiter "," which should separate your output. If that does not help, pop your code up and i can see how the data is being outputted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.