FTP Module Login Issue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Keyes 2 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

Larry Keyes
    Participant

Trying to use the FTP Module, to create a connection to an FTP server. and I pretty much the same error message each time I run command.

PS >Set-FTPConnection -Credentials $MyCred -Server 192.168.214.103

Set-FTPConnection : Exception calling "GetResponse" with "0" argument(s): "Unable to connect to the remote server"
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-FTPConnection -Credentials $MyCred -Server 192.168.214.103
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Set-FTPConnection

I've tried all manner of command parameters etc.

I didn't know if there was a way to unpack the response so as to find out where the problem lies?
    I don't know if there is some way to view the credentials from Set-Credential to verify what is being passed for name and password?

I can access the FTP server without problems using Filezilla and PSFTP (the Putty FTP command line file).

Thanks.

Dave Wyatt

You'd probably need to contact whoever wrote that module for support. However, "Unable to connect to the remote server" generally indicates a simple connection failure, not anything to do with authentication. When you connect to the server with filezilla, what URL do you use? is it just "ftp://192.168.214.103" ?

Larry Keyes
    Participant

Not even the ftp prefix..... just 192.168.214.103

Yup...nothing too fancy. Here are the results form the FileZilla command window...

Connecting to 192.168.214.103...
    Response: fzSftp started
    Command: open "bas@192.168.214.103" 22
    Command: Pass: ********
    Command: cd "/home/web/html/store/images/fy2014/Kids-Shop"
    Response: New directory is: "/home/web/html/store/images/fy2014/Kids-Shop"
    Command: ls

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.